UTSU to Introduce Eyeglasses Coverage! (2018-2019 Health and Dental Plan changes)
The UTSU is expanding its vision coverage! As of September 2018, the UTSU Health and Dental Plan will cover eyeglasses 🤓! You’ll be able to claim up to $150 for vision care in any two-year period. There will also be no premium increase beyond inflation 💰 for the first time in many years!
Here’s the full list of changes:
- Vaccination coverage will be increased from 80% to 100%, with a cap of $200 per year.
- Most students will be covered by OHIP+ and will receive free prescription drugs through the provincial government, so prescription drug coverage will be reduced from 100% to 90%. However, UTSU members get a 10% discount at Rexall, so 100% coverage will still be available to those who need it!
- Coverage for dental examinations and x-rays will be rebalanced with the Studentcare network and coverage will change from 80% to 70%, but UTSU members get discounts of 30% through the Studentcare Dental Network, so 100% coverage will still be available.
- Limits for claims on Acupuncture and massage therapy will be combined, with coverage at $30 per session and a cap of 20 sessions per year.
- Limits for claims on Homeopathy and naturopathy will be combined, with coverage at $30 per session and a cap of 20 sessions per year.
Please send all questions, concerns, and comments to VP Internal Daman Singh at email@example.com or join us for our upcoming Accountability Cafe.