All are welcome to visit us at our office, 12 Hart House Circle (across from Hart House and University College.) We provide a variety of services including:
- Outgoing faxing (local faxes are free)
- Courtesy phone (free local phone calls)
- Charging stations for cell phones and other devices
- Water bottle fill station
- Bulletin boards of campus events, clubs, jobs
And the following:
Income Tax Clinics
For the month of March, volunteers will assist students with filing back taxes for the 2017 year.
**all appointments are held at the UTSU office, 12 Hart House Circle. Check in at the front desk before heading to the basement where tax appointments are held.
Please be advised this service assists students who are earning less than $40,000 a year.
SOME OF THE DOCUMENTS TO COLLECT ARE THE FOLLOWING:
We can only file your taxes properly if you bring all the necessary documentation with you to our Clinic.
The following list will help you prepare for having your return completed.
- Your most recent Notice of Assessment
- Your Social Insurance Number (SIN) and, if applicable, your spouse’s SIN
- A list of your dependents and their exact dates of birth, and their SINs, if they have one
- Information Slips
Many of these slips are available through the Canada Revenue Agency online services. Not every slip applies to each person.
- T4 – Salary and wages
- T4A – Scholarships, bursaries
- T4RSP – Registered retirement savings plan
- RC62 – Universal Child Care Benefit
- If you have made income for work in a lump sum this year, bring the breakdown statement from the payor
Receipts for expenses and credits:
- T778 – Child care expenses and a completed T778
- Union dues
- T2202A – Tuition fees and education amount (you can print this from ROSI)
- Medical expenses (For prescriptions, a printout can be obtained from your pharmacy)
- Charitable or political donations
- All property taxes or rent paid, a lease is not considered a receipt
- Monthly or yearly public transit passes and the receipt of payment
Details of spouse and dependent income
Date of arrival to Canada and immigration status (if a new immigrant)
Any other documentation that may pertain to your income taxes
This is not an inclusive list but gives an idea of the kinds of documents that you should be gathering and have in your possession before you schedule an appointment.
We can not help you if:
- You have foreign income over $1000
- You make more than $40,000 annually
- More than $1000.00 appears in box 48 of the T4 form (please check before making your appointment)
- Bankrupt individuals
- You do not show up for your appointment or you do not bring all the relevant paper work
- People looking to file for family members must have their family members present at the appointment.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
At-cost black and white printing and copying is available at the UTSU office.
Pricing: $0.03 per side.
Service available from 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. only.
Bring your USB key to the UTSU Front Desk, if you wish to use this service. You will not have access to the internet
We sell Post-Secondary Student TTC Metropasses during the last week of each month, and into the following month while supplies last. We also sell tokens throughout the month.
The cost of the TTC Metropass has increased to $116.75
Tokens have increased to $15.00 for 5 tokens
For more information please visit the TTC Website.