How does our group become recognized?
You must apply for recognition each year. The application form and instructions are available. New this year, recognition is done through creating a Fluid Review account, and completing the tasks necessary in the recognition application.
What is the deadline for recognition?
Recognition opens each year on April 1, and closes on March 1 of the next academic year. Approved recognition will last until April 30. No applications will be accepted between March 1 and March 31.
How many members does a group need to have to be eligible for recognition?
To be eligible for recognition, a group must have at least 30 members, 50 percent of which must be UTSU members.
What is a UTSU member?
A UTSU member is defined as any full-time undergraduate student at the St. George or Mississauga campus.
Why does our group need to first be recognized by ULife?
Being recognized by ULife means that you can use “University of Toronto”, or “UofT” in your groups’ name, as well as the ability to book space on St. George campus. These are important rights for a group to have to be established at the University of Toronto.
What are the benefits of recognition?
By being recognized, you can access the UTSU Clubs Services which include:
• Skills training sessions
• Membership development
• Free photocopying and printing
• Event planning, budgeting, and constitution consultation
• Mailing address and mail collection
• Free barbecue, coffee urn, water barrel rentals
• Lawn space for barbecues and events
• Promotional services
• Bulk purchasing of t-shirts and other swag
• Event insurance
Discounted Banner Printing
Made of vinyl material; can have grommets (holes) in each 4 corners.
• 5′ x 3′ feet (60 x 36 inches) for $70 +HST = $79.10 includes delivery
• 6′ x 3′ feet (72 x 36 inches) for $75 + HST = $84.75 includes delivery
• 6′ x 4′ feet (72 x 48 inches) for $80 + HST = $90.40 includes delivery
How does our club apply for funding?
Application forms for all types of funding are available in Fluid Review. Once a group creates their Fluid Review account, receives UTSU recognition and completes their training, the Funding Level application will appear in their account. Clubs can then edit, review, and submit the funding application all online through Fluid Review.
Does our club need a bank account, or can you just write me a cheque?
We cannot issue a cheque to an individual. You must have a bank account in the your groups’ name, with at least two signing officers on the account. To open a bank account, you need to request a letter of recognition from the ULife Campus Groups Officer, or from the UTSU Clubs and Service Groups Coordinator once you have received UTSU clubs recognition.
If you would like to request a letter from the UTSU, please send the following info to firstname.lastname@example.org:
-Full name of club
-full name and position of signing officers to be added to the account (minimum 2 individuals)
-Name, and address of bank
New this year: Direct Deposit for UTSU clubs funding. If you prefer, you can set up your clubs funding, upon approval, to be deposited directly in your clubs’ bank account. To receive your funding via direct deposit, please complete one of the following options:
1. Drop off a VOID cheque from your clubs’ bank account to the UTSU front desk, attn: Clubs Coordinator;
2. Email a scanned copy of the front and back of a VOID cheque from your clubs’ bank account to email@example.com.
3. Update the “Club Information Form” in your Fluid Review account, and upload a scan of the front and back of your VOID cheque at the bottom of the form.
How do we update our club information?
Should your contact information change at any time, you can update this information easily through Fluid Review. Log in to your Fluid Review account and edit your “Club Information Form”, found in user tasks. It is vital that we have the most up to date contact email for your group, as most important notices are delivered via email.