Candidate List (Fall 2018)
Division I Directors:
- Transitional Year Program (1) Candidates:
- Valerie Dawe: My name is Valerie Dawe, I am running for the Director of the Transitional Year Program. As the director of the Transitional Year Program I will ensure that our voices are heard. I will always listen to your concerns and make sure that all of us are represented properly. One of the most important things I want to do is to make sure that everyone feels understood and significant, and that all opinions are considered in an unbiased way because every voice is important. I will always demand inclusion for our program and advocate fair treatment for everyone.
Division II Directors:
- Faculty of Kinesiology and Physical Education (1) Candidates:
- Avleen Bains: Being able to run as the Division II Director is an important opportunity for me because I would be able to speak for all the students of the Kinesiology and Physical Education program. Being on the UTSU means that I would have many responsibilities that I would be willing and honoured to take care of. Since KPE is one of the smaller faculties, it’s important to me that we have an equal standing with the other, much larger faculties. If I were given this opportunity, I would definitely take it with confidence, enthusiasm and passion.
- Toronto School of Theology (1) Candidates:
- Samuel Needham: I wish to serve on the Board of Directors for UTSU because I am grateful to be a student at Toronto School of Theology and wish to serve this community in any way I can. Thank you for your vote.