The Food Rescue Program is currently paused until October 2, 2023.
The UTSU Food Bank is open weekly on Fridays for Fall 2023, running from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
The UTSU will be resuming our Food Rescue Program starting Monday October 2, 2023 and it will be running every Monday and Tuesday from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. out of the Community Kitchen (Room 329) at the Student Commons, 230 College Street. This is an initiative between UTSU, MealCare and UofT Food Services aimed to address food insecurity on campus by providing prepared frozen food to University of Toronto students in need of food. This service provides support to individual students and students with families.
The program runs on a first-come-first serve basis where students can come pick up a meal for lunch and enjoy and socialize with other fellow students in one of our student lounges. A microwave is available on the 3rd floor in Room 340. We kindly suggest that you bring your own cutlery.
Please note that we collect statistics about the student clients accessing the UTSU Food Rescue service for our purposes as well as for our partner agencies. If you have any questions or would like to learn more about services offered at the UTSU, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
11:30 a.m.. – 1.30 p.m. every Monday and Tuesday
Community Kitchen Room 329 – Student Commons (230 College St., Huron St. entrance)
How to Use Service
- Food Rescue runs weekly on Mondays and Tuesdays for Fall 2023 from 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- The service runs on a first-come-first serve basis and provides students the opportunity to enjoy a warm lunch while they are on campus.
- The fridge door whiteboard in the Community Kitchen (Room 329) will have the available meals.
- Students can come by and grab their preferred meal from the freezer themselves and use the third floor microwaves to warm them up.
- We kindly ask students to fill out the client sheet on the clipboard for statistical purposes.
Fall 2023 Service Dates:
- Monday October 2, 2023
- Tuesday October 3, 2023
- Monday October 9, 2023
- Tuesday October 10, 2023
- Monday October 16, 2023
- Tuesday October 17, 2023
- Monday October 23, 2023
- Tuesday October 24, 2023
- Monday October 30, 2023
- Tuesday October 31, 2023
- Monday November 6, 2023
- Tuesday November 7, 2023
- Monday November 13, 2023
- Tuesday November 14, 2023
- Monday November 20, 2023
- Tuesday November 21, 2023
- Monday November 27, 2023
- Tuesday November 28, 2023
- Monday December 4, 2023
- Tuesday December 5, 2023
- Monday December 11, 2023
- Tuesday December 12, 2023
- Monday December 18, 2023
Frequently Asked Questions
During Fall, the service will run in the Community Kitchen (Room 329) every Monday and Tuesday from 11:30 a.m.- 1:30 pm (see Fall 2023 Service Dates posted above).
Any changes to the service will be updated on this website and the UTSU Instagram.
For donation inquiries, please contact email@example.com