This October, the UTSU is launching a new service called Food Rescue that aims to address food insecurity on campus by providing prepared frozen food to University of Toronto students in need of food. This service provides support to individual students and students with families.
UTSU will be receiving food through our partnership with University of Toronto’s Food Services and MealCare on Mondays and Tuesdays. Based on the quantity of frozen food received, appointments on Calendly will open at 12 p.m on Mondays and Tuesdays, and the Food Rescue service will run from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. on both days. It will run on a first-come-first serve basis and students can only book one appointment per week.
We aim to provide a service that is accessible to all students and ensure all Food Rescue service users are treated with respect and that our food distribution is equitable and fair. At times we may have limited food quantities and will do our best to accommodate students.
Please note that we collect statistics about the student clients accessing the UTSU Food Rescue service for our purposes as well as for our partner agencies. If you have any questions or would like to learn more about services offered at the UTSU please email email@example.com.
3 p.m. – 4 p.m. every Monday and Tuesday by appointment
Food Bank Room 136 – Student Commons (230 College St., Huron St. entrance)
What to bring:
Valid T-Card or copy of current timetable and bags for carrying food
Register to Use Service
The Food Rescue is open weekly on Mondays and Tuesdays for Fall 2022, running from 3 p.m. – 4 p.m. Appointments will open up at 12 pm every Monday and Tuesday (except on statutory holidays). The service runs on a first-come-first serve basis and students can only book one appointment per week.
Fall 2022 Service Dates:
- Tuesday November 1, 2022
- Monday November 7, 2022
- Tuesday November 8, 2022
- Monday November 14, 2022
- Tuesday November 15, 2022
- Monday November 21, 2022
- Tuesday November 22, 2022
- Monday November 28, 2022
- Tuesday November 29, 2022
- Monday December 5, 2022
- Tuesday December 6, 2022
- Monday December 12, 2022
- Tuesday December 13, 2022
Rules & Guidelines of Service: COVID-19
- Two student clients will be allowed into the food bank room at a time.
- COVID-19 protocols will be followed while handling and distributing food
- No food substitutions or exchanges will occur in light of COVID-19
Book your appointment
Frequently Asked Questions
- Following UofT COVID-19 guidelines and building protocols, social distancing, optional masking
- Arrival no more than 10 minutes before appointment time
- Assign a proxy to access the UTSU Food Rescue service on your behalf. This could be a friend or family member, and they do not have to be a current U of T student.
- To do this, you must give your T-Card (or other proof of enrollment) to your proxy to show at the appointment.
During Fall 2022, the service will run every Monday and Tuesday from 3-4 pm (see Fall 2022 Service Dates posted above). Any changes to the service will be updated on this website and the UTSU Instagram.
Unfortunately we are not accepting donated food items at this time due to COVID.