The UTSU will be launching a Lunch Program starting Monday March 6, 2023 and will be running every Monday and Tuesday from 12 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. out of the Food Bank (Room 136) at Student Commons, 230 College Street. This is an initiative between UTSU, MealCare and UofT Food Services aimed to address food insecurity on campus by providing prepared frozen food to University of Toronto students in need of food. This service provides support to individual students and students with families.
Based on the quantity of frozen food received, appointments will open at 10:30 a.m. on Mondays and Tuesdays. It runs on a first-come-first serve basis and students can only book one appointment per week.
Come pick up a meal for lunch and enjoy and socialize with other fellow students in Room 366. Microwave is available on the 3rd floor in Room 340. We kindly suggest that you bring your own cutlery and a bag to carry the food.
We aim to provide a service that is accessible to all students and ensure all Food Rescue service users are treated with respect and that our food distribution is equitable and fair. At times we may have limited food quantities and will do our best to accommodate students.
Please note that we collect statistics about the student clients accessing the UTSU Food Rescue service for our purposes as well as for our partner agencies. If you have any questions or would like to learn more about services offered at the UTSU please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
12 p.m. – 1.30 p.m. every Monday and Tuesday by appointment
Food Bank Room 136 – Student Commons (230 College St., Huron St. entrance)
What to bring:
Valid T-Card or copy of current timetable and bags for carrying food
Register to Use Service
The Food Rescue is open weekly on Mondays and Tuesdays for Winter 2023, running from 12 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. Appointments will open up at 10:30 am every Monday and Tuesday (except on statutory holidays). The service runs on a first-come-first serve basis and students can only book one appointment per week.
Winter 2023 Service Dates:
- Monday March 6, 2023
- Tuesday March 7, 2023
- Monday March 13, 2023
- Tuesday March 14, 2023
- Monday March 20, 2023
- Tuesday March 21, 2023
- Monday March 27, 2023
- Tuesday, March 28, 2023
- Monday April 3, 2023
- Tuesday April 4, 2023
- Tuesday April 11, 2023
- Monday April 17, 2023
- Tuesday April 18, 2023
- Monday April 24, 2023
- Tuesday April 25, 2023
Rules & Guidelines of Service: COVID-19
- Two student clients will be allowed into the food bank room at a time
- COVID-19 protocols will be followed while handling and distributing food
- No food substitutions or exchanges will occur in light of COVID-19 and variances in supply
Book your appointment
Frequently Asked Questions
- Following UofT COVID-19 guidelines and building protocols, social distancing, optional masking
- Arrival no more than 10 minutes before appointment time
- Assign a proxy to access the UTSU Food Rescue service on your behalf. This could be a friend or family member, and they do not have to be a current U of T student.
- To do this, you must give your T-Card (or other proof of enrollment) to your proxy to show at the appointment.
During Winter, the service will run every Monday and Tuesday from 12- 1:30 pm (see Winter 2023 Service Dates posted above).
Any changes to the service will be updated on this website and the UTSU Instagram.
For donation inquiries, please contact email@example.com
- Use the UTSU Food Bank
- 211 Ontario has the most complete directory of local food resources including Food Banks and Referrals, Food Delivery, Free/Low Cost Meals and more.