Bursaries, Grants, & Resources
Please scroll down to the service you are looking for below:
- The Student Aid Program
- The Scholarship Guide
- Dollars for Daycare
Student Aid Program
- The Book and Academic Supplies Bursary reimburses students for some of the costs associated with buying books or other academic supplies such as laptops or notebooks during the academic year. The average disbursement is $100, with applications for larger items such as laptops being assessed at a maximum of $200.
- The Exam Deferral Bursary reimburses students for some of the costs associated with deferring a fall or spring exam during the academic year. The maximum disbursement is $70.
- The Academic Pursuits Grant assists students with the financial costs of expanding their academic experiences (e.g., attending a conference). The maximum disbursement is $100.
- The Health and Wellness Bursary provides financial support to students planning who need additional help covering the costs of seeing a therapist or paying for prescription drugs. Applicants will be asked to demonstrate that they are already using the UTSU’s Health and Dental Plan, or another form of coverage. The maximum disbursement is $200, however the average is $50.
- The Accessibility Bursary is meant to help students with accessibility needs get through university smoothly. The maximum disbursement is $100.
- The Transit Bursary is built for commuter students to help them pay for the cost of a PRESTO card. The maximum disbursement is $100.
- The Emergency Bursary is available to students who find themselves in sudden financial need, whether that be an inability to pay rent or sudden loss of income. The maximum disbursement is $250.
Please refer to the graphics below for more information, or to share with your friends and colleagues.
To apply for the above mentioned bursaries and grants, please do so the Student Aid Application Form which is also embedded below:
The scholarship section is currently under construction. Check back soon for updates.
In the meantime, please refer to the university’s scholarships here.
Dollars for Daycare
We offer this needs-based bursary as a way to help students pay for dependent care. All St. George undergraduate full-time and part-time students are eligible to apply.
Apply here: Dollar-for-Daycare-Mar-1-2021